It's no secret that online video plays a huge part when it comes to marketing your business online. Video marketing is incredibly effective for building brand awareness, lead generation and online engagement.
Online video also helps you promote your products and services, improves your search results, but perhaps more importantly works to establish yourself and your business as the leaders in your chosen field.
How do you establish authority online?
In a nutshell?
Share relevant & well produced video content with your readers, frequently.
Brisbane Makeover Co. are doing just that. I started producing videos for these guys at the start of 2015. In that time we have shot promo videos, before and after videos and more recently, this makeover tips video entitled '6 ways to add value to your property'.
Check out the video below (watch out for my cameo!).
Think like your target audience
One of the best ways to build brand awareness and trust with your customers is by regularly producing online videos so that you can share information that your customers actually want to know about. Keep your productions relevant and regular and you'll find your customers coming back to you for more.
That means more traffic to your website, more engagement with your social media posts and ultimately more acknowledgement of your brand. So long as you continue to produce video content that informs, educates and/or entertains your customers, you will be the first that comes to mind when next your customers look for your products and services.
If you're stuck for ideas about content for your video - take some time to listen to your customers. Put together a list of FAQ's. Most businesses already have FAQ sections on their website, so that's a great place to start when looking for ideas for video content.
Just how awesome is video marketing?
Online video provides you with a massive opportunity for content marketing that is simply ideal for engaging your clients and customers.
Here's why you should be focusing your efforts on video marketing in 2016.
- Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic.
- 65% of video viewers watch more than 3/4 of a video.
- 78% of people watch online videos every week.
- 55% of people watch online videos every day.
- In 2015 it is estimated that video will take up 57% of consumer internet traffic. By 2017 it is estimated this will rise to 69% and 79% in 2018.
- More than 80% of senior execs watch more online video today than they did a year ago.
- 75% of business execs watch work-related videos at least weekly.
- A huge 81% of people feature their video on their brand website.
- 93% of marketers used online video for online marketing, sales and communications.
- 96% of B2B companies are planning to use video in their content marketing over the next 12 months.
I have produced a video, now what do I do with it?
So you've spent some hard earned money and now you have a video. How do you now put that video to work for you?
You could put it on the front page of your website - particularly if it is a promotional video. In fact, the best place for a promotional video is on the front page of your website.
If you are regularly producing videos then in essence you would be building a valuable archive of information for your customers. You might then consider a video gallery on your website.
As you produce each video, you might distribute as follows:
- Upload to your branded YouTube channel
- Feature the video in a blog and tweet the link to your followers
- Upload the video to Facebook
- Feature the video in your email newsletter
- Play the video on display panels in your shop window
- Broadcast it on TV! Seriously, pay TV is very accessible nowadays.
Any other tips?
For best results, be sure your video looks and sounds professional.
- Use a microphone
- Don't have your background music too loud and make sure it suits the video!
- Use a tripod
- Set your white balance
- Don't use long intros
- Keep shots in focus
- Speak slowly and clearly
For even better results, hire a professional freelance videographer.
I hope so. Not only is online video an incredible tool with which you can engage with your customers 24/7 but making videos is a lot of fun and very rewarding. It is also interesting to post videos and track performance results to see what works and what doesn't.